10.15.2008

Rain

This was take at 10:30 last night. We had a little break from the rain. I love night shooting.


I stepped out on our back porch this morning and heard something I had not heard before. It rained hard all day yesterday and most of the night. It was not raining this morning, but it sounded like it was from the porch. With a little more investigation, I found this, a creek in my back yard! The previous own told us it was 5 feet deep one summer. We have a series of ponds dammed up that lead down to the lake. It has not rained like this since we have been in Austin. So excited that I went on a little nature walk this morning. We have part of the Green Belt trail in our backyard. Which would be good for trail running, if I ever decide to exercise again.



We also have a golf course in our neighborhood that is owned by Willie Nelson. You can't tell in this photo, but the flag there in the middle, is a Texas flag.

4 comments:

Sara Bradshaw said...

Yup! Totally jealous of your backyard!! Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

you are now near the greenbelt? Where exactly is the new place? Do you get to sneek onto Willie's golf course?

Sarah Holt said...

I walked right out in the middle of it thinking this would be a great place to take the dogs and let them run. Then I saw a sand pit, then the flag and then it dawned on me that I was standing in the middle of his golf course....

erin said...

Your new place looks awesome and I love those photos!

Powered By Blogger

Visitors Since 2.28.07